Heavy equipment hauling can seem like a daunting task, especially if you don’t have the right trailer for the job. Fortunately, Mountain View Trailer Rentals, a top-rated provider of Trailer Rentals in 2 Locations Serving Calgary and Southern Alberta, offers a variety of trailers designed specifically for hauling heavy equipment. In this blog post, we will explore some of the top trailers for sale that make heavy equipment hauling a breeze. Whether your business requires transporting tractors, excavators, or skid steers, there’s a trailer designed just for you!
When shopping for a trailer that is well-suited for hauling heavy equipment, it’s important to consider factors such as capacity, durability, and safety features. With these aspects in mind, selecting a trailer tailored to your needs will ensure not only the ease of transport but also the protection of your valuable equipment. As one of the leading trailer rental companies in the region, Mountain View Trailer Rentals is committed to offering high-quality and reliable trailers that are built to withstand the rigours of heavy equipment hauling.
In this blog post, we will highlight a few of the top trailers available for sale that will make the process of heavy equipment hauling more efficient and far less nerve-wracking. Plus, if you’re in the landscaping business, don’t miss our next blog about how our trailers can help you get the job done. So, without further ado, let’s delve into some of the best trailers for transporting your heavy equipment with ease!
Remember, not only do we provide top-notch trailers for rent, but we also offer a wide range of trailers for sale . Browse our selection or contact our knowledgeable staff, who will be more than happy to help you find the perfect fit for your heavy hauling needs.
Types of Heavy Equipment Trailers
When transporting heavy equipment, it’s important to have a trailer that is specifically designed for the task at hand. Here are four types of trailers perfect for heavy equipment hauling:
- Flatbed Trailers: Flatbed trailers are ideal for transporting large, heavy, or oversized items such as construction equipment, machinery, and vehicles. Due to their open design and lack of side panels, they provide easy loading and unloading access, making them a popular choice for many industries.
- Lowboy Trailers: Lowboy trailers are designed to carry loads with a lower center of gravity, making them perfect for transporting heavy machinery like bulldozers and excavators. This also allows for the safe transport of tall equipment, as the low bed height means there is plenty of clearance under bridges and other overhead obstructions.
- Gooseneck Trailers: Gooseneck trailers are best suited for hauling large and heavy loads that require more stability during transport. They feature a unique hitch design, which connects the trailer to the tow vehicle through a gooseneck coupling, distributing the weight more evenly and offering improved stability and control.
- Tilt Deck Trailers: Tilt deck trailers have a hydraulic tilting platform that eliminates the need for ramps while loading and unloading heavy equipment. This makes it a lot easier and safer to load and unload equipment like forklifts, skid steers, and small tractors.
Safety Features to Look for in a Heavy Equipment Trailer
When hauling heavy equipment, safety should always be a top priority. Here are four important safety features to look for when selecting a trailer:
- Brakes: Heavy-duty electric or hydraulic brakes are crucial for safely stopping the trailer, especially when transporting heavy equipment. Ensure that the trailer you choose comes with an effective braking system that meets industry standards.
- Tie-Down Points: Secure your equipment to the trailer using the provided tie-down points. The more attachment points a trailer has, the better you can secure your load. Look for trailers with multiple D-rings or other securing fixtures to ensure safe and secure transport.
- Lighting: Proper lighting is essential for safe travel. Make sure the trailer is equipped with adequate and fully functional brake lights, turn signals, and marker lights for increased visibility on the road.
- Stability and Suspension: A stable and well-balanced trailer is key for safe heavy equipment transportation. Look for a trailer with a strong frame and a suspension system designed for heavy hauling, as these features will help to ensure a smooth and safe ride.
Tips for Hauling Heavy Equipment
Transporting heavy equipment can be a challenging task, but by following a few simple tips, you can ensure a safe and efficient process:
- Inspect your trailer and tow vehicle: Before loading or hauling any equipment, make sure all components of your trailer and tow vehicle are in good condition. Verify that the tires are properly inflated, the brakes are working correctly, and all hitch connections are secure.
- Load the equipment properly: Distribute the weight of the equipment evenly across the trailer to maintain a stable center of gravity. Always refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines for weight limits, and never exceed the maximum capacity of the trailer.
- Follow all proper safety protocols: Ensure that your equipment is properly secured with adequate tie-downs and that all necessary safety rules and regulations are followed during transportation.
- Drive defensively: When hauling heavy equipment, give yourself extra time and space for stopping and turning, and be prepared for any road hazards or changes in traffic. Always obey speed limits and traffic laws, and adjust your driving accordingly for any adverse weather conditions.
The Benefits of Buying a Heavy Equipment Trailer
Investing in a heavy equipment trailer is a smart decision for businesses and individuals alike. Here are some benefits of having your own trailer:
- Convenience: Owning a heavy equipment trailer allows you to transport equipment when you need it, without relying on rental availability or scheduling conflicts.
- Cost Savings: Over time, purchasing a trailer can save you money compared to constantly renting one for your heavy equipment transportation needs.
- Customization: When owning your trailer, you can choose the features and specifications that best suit your requirements, making it the perfect fit for your heavy hauling needs.
Safely and efficiently transporting heavy equipment is made easy with the right trailers. With a wide variety of heavy equipment trailers available – such as flatbeds, lowboys, goosenecks, and tilt deck trailers – you can make the right choice to best fit your needs. Prioritize safety features like effective braking systems, tie-down points, lighting, and stable suspension when selecting a trailer. Follow our tips for hauling, and consider investing in a trailer to provide convenience and cost savings in the long run. Let Mountain View Trailer Rentals be your go-to resource for high-quality, reliable trailers in Calgary and Southern Alberta. Browse our selection or contact us today to find the perfect trailer for your heavy equipment hauling needs.
Looking for a reliable and affordable trailer rental in Calgary and Southern Alberta? Look no further than Mountain View Trailer Rentals! With two convenient locations and a wide range of trailers to choose from, we’ve got you covered for all your hauling needs. Book now and experience hassle-free transportation with our top-quality trailers!